Sunday, April 18, 2010

Catch Up!

So according to our blog, we have just recently gotten engaged....well fast forward 20 months later, and we're almost at our year and half mark! WAHOO! Haha-who would of thought we would have made it this long? Actually it has gone by super fast, and so far has been a great year and a half! :) So I'm just going to do a quick recap of our past year or so, and then I'll keep up with this blogging thing! Okay, well I'll TRY.


NOVEMBER 2008Well after being engaged for what seemed like the longest three months of our lives, we were sealed together in the Salt Lake Temple on November 15, 2008. Luckily for November it was a beautiful day outside. It was a fun and wonderful day for for the both of us, and we were so grateful for the family and friends that were able to make it!


We were able to go on a week long honeymoon to Florida, and stay in a sweet condo there (thanks to a very awesome friend-love you becca!) While we were there we went to the beach, and Treasure Island, and Universal Studios
(Wes recommends the spiderman ride-his absolute favorite!) Even though the weather wasn't too warm, we had a awesome time!!






Summertime 2009
I was FINALLY able to find a job as a CNA for a Home Health Company, and really enjoy it! Wes started his first summer as a Firefighter for the BLM. It wasn't an easy job, hard physical work, some days (sometimes weeks) of long hours, and even though he came home exhausted everyday, he says he absolutely loved it! Sounds like some kind of masochist to me!

Between work, we were able to squeeze in a few quick trips to St. George, and Salt Lake a few times.

Also, Wes purchased his first baby....



AUGUST 2009
Rambo, oh I mean Wes, went out for his annual bow hunting with his dad. They spent a few days on Mt. Dutton and Wes killed his first elk. Insert from Wes: Not only did I kill my first elk, but I called it within ten yards from me and stuck it with an arrow, he went sixty yards and dropped...(then he goes on to talk about gutting it, but we don't need the details on that)



We both started school up again, I'm studying to go into Nursing, and Wes is taking classes for Wildlife Biology, and we both still have a ways to go...yipee!

SEPTEMBER 2009
We moved into our new place. They are some cute townhouses and we LOVE it! I love it because we have more space, and a little yard. Wes loves it for one reason....garage, do i need to say more.

OCTOBER 2009
After a long time of searching for truck, we bought a Toyota Tacoma. Wes' new baby :)

NOVEMBER 2009
We had a new nephew born, little Riley Ben Henricks thanks to Missy and Kal! He is the sweetest little baby, and has the most adorable smile! We love you!
Riley also has the cutest big brother, Taylor...these are out two favorite nephews!


FEBRUARY 2010
R.I.P The Toyota Tacoma was laid to rest on I-15 two miles south of Cedar City...compliments of Emily Mangum...oops :( I got away with a few nasty bruises, but the truck didn't have quite as good of luck.


I would have had before pics, but Wes deleted them already...they made him depressed. Haha, just kidding, but seriously he did.

APRIL 2010
We went on a quick weekend trip to Mesquite with Jamie and Jason, we all had a good time. I even gambled for my first time...and lost :( The weather was awesome, and it was a nice break to help get us through this last stretch of the school semester!

There you have it, a quick summary of our last year! We had some good times and some hard times...much more good though! And I'll try not to let another year and a half past before writing again.

3 comments:

Rissy & Spence said...

Hey Emily & Wes, How are u guys doing? I read ur posts & wow Emily u r miracle child that u didn't get hurt that bad, u had a guardian angel with to keep u on this earth with ur wonderful husband & family, and friends too. U are going too be a gr8 nurse. I should tell u that is the same thing my Husband Spencer is going too manger in he starts at Fortis College in July 6th 2010 & Graduates in 2012 of June & I am trying too be patience for his schooling to be done then we can start a family & I can go too school for some sort of business degree. I miss u, I am sorry that I didn't call when we came to southern utah about 2wks ago, next time for sure I definely want to hang out & watch movies, play games, & dinner date. Have good nite love always ur friends from Salt Lake, Marissa & Spencer Nichols Here is our blog address http://nichols-spencer-marissa.blogspot.com

dru said...

did you actually write this emily, or did katie?

Douglas Porter said...

Handmade jewelry and quilted bags!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/153953906/jamies-hand-made-finished-quilts-pink?ref=shop_home_active